Structural Insulated Panels
Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are a high-performance building system for residential and light commercial construction. The panels consist of an insulating foam core sandwiched between two structural facings, typically oriented strand board (OSB). SIPs are manufactured under factory controlled conditions and can be fabricated to fit nearly any building design. The result is a building system that is extremely strong, energy efficient and cost effective. Building with SIPs will save you time, money and labor. Engineered studies and performance tests have shown SIPs to be stronger, quieter, safer, faster to construct, and 50% more energy efficient than traditional methods of construction.
Building with SIPs generally costs about the same as building with wood frame construction when you factor in the labor savings from shorter construction time and reduced job-site waste. Other savings are realized because smaller heating and cooling systems are required with SIP construction.
Great Lakes Carpentry is an independent, authorized dealers and factory trained installation specialist for Enercept, a leading manufacturer of SIPs.
Here are some of the reasons why.
- Enercept utilizes insulated connecting posts which result in an unbroken thermal shell.
- Enercept's rough openings are factory engineered, cut and framed, which further reduces construction time, job-site waste, and framing errors. Custom-cut panels eliminate the hassle of panel modification on the job site.
- Enercept has a patented electrical chase for routing wiring. Enercept has developed a complete Electrical Guide for electricians.
- Enercept’s unique panel press can accommodate panel core thickness upto 16.″ With each inch of thickness, energy conservation and cost savings improve dramatically.
- Enercept is renowned in the SIP industry for their ability to produce panels for even the most difficult designs. They employ an experienced drafting team to assist our customers with their design needs.
[youtube id="fk6jhlO9DNA" width="600" height="350" autoplay="no"]